Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by adamruggles <a....@gmail.com> on 2011/09/22 22:43:32 UTC

How to override the CXF libraries built in to Geronio

I'm using Geronimo version 2.2 on JDK 1.6 (OSX 10.5).  I have a WAR project
that uses a newer version of CXF than the one included in Geronimo.  I can't
seem to get Geronimo to pickup the CXF implementation that I've included
with my project.  Instead it seems to be using the default SUN packages.
How do I override this?

Right now I have all my dependencies added to the Geronimo repository and
specified in my geronimo-web.xml file.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to override the CXF libraries built in to Geronio

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
It is interesting, with tomcat assembly, by default, Axis2 provides the both
jaxws and saaj implementations, cxf should not be used. anyway, the filter
configurations below will make sure those cxf classes are not loaded.
For the class "WSBindingProvider", suppose there is no typo error. It looks
to me that the class is from RI JAXWS implementation ? Not from Axis2 and
CXF. This class should have no relation with saaj, IMO.
I think that it will be good to paste your sample code if possible, a

2011/9/27 adamruggles <a....@gmail.com>

> Yes it's using saaj.  I'm using the Tomcat version of geronimo.  Here are
> the
> relavant hidden classes specified in my geronimo-web.
>
> <sys:filter>org.apache.ws.commons.schema</sys:filter>
> <sys:filter>org.apache.axis2</sys:filter>
> <sys:filter>org.apache.cxf</sys:filter>
>
> Another example of cxf not being loaded correctly is I'm unable to cast the
> client to a WSBindingProvider to add headers.  I get a class cast
> exception.
> Works fine in my unit tests were I have more control over the library
> classpath order.  It's my understanding that you need to have the cxf
> classes in the classpath before the sun jars.

Ivan

Re: How to override the CXF libraries built in to Geronio

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Could you please point out that which default SUN packages are used ? saaj
impl ?
Have you tried to use the hidden-classes options mentioned in the doc
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/geronimo-webxml.html ?

2011/9/23 adamruggles <a....@gmail.com>

> I'm using Geronimo version 2.2 on JDK 1.6 (OSX 10.5).  I have a WAR project
> that uses a newer version of CXF than the one included in Geronimo.  I
> can't
> seem to get Geronimo to pickup the CXF implementation that I've included
> with my project.  Instead it seems to be using the default SUN packages.
> How do I override this?
>
> Right now I have all my dependencies added to the Geronimo repository and
> specified in my geronimo-web.xml file.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ivan