Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Roj Goldfarb <go...@comcast.net> on 2017/07/18 13:33:14 UTC

Problem with Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common 4.8 beta

I have a Visual Studio 2013 c# console application using Lucene.Net 4.8 beta components. The ASP.Net Framework is 4.5.1.

It uses the StandardAnalyzer for indexing.

The Lucene.Net 4.8 components are:

Lucene.Net 4.8.0770-beta

Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common 4.8.0.1035-beta

When i build it i get the following warning (but the build completes successfully):

     Warning 1 Reference to type 'Lucene.Net.Analysis.TokenStreamComponents' claims it is defined in
     'c:\RHG\LC\LuceneConsoleTest48\packages\Lucene.Net.4.8.0.770-beta\lib\net451\Lucene.Net.dll',
     but it could not be found

When I run the application is Visual Studio (either the Debug or Release configuration) is get the following

exception as soon as the program starts:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Method 'CreateComponents' in type 'Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer'
from assembly 'Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
does not have an implementation.

any suggestions ?

Robert

RE: Problem with Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common 4.8 beta

Posted by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com>.
Rob,

That is why we ended up abandoning the CI feed. The version scheme is not supported on .NET Core. So, we had to revert to a lower version number and put the feed elsewhere. But we left the CI feed active in case anyone is still using it.

Unfortunately, an old trigger was still active when we pushed the new API changes to master and it caused some (but not all) of the packages to update so the “latest” build there is broken. AFAIK, Itamar is the only one with permission to access that CI feed, so we will need his help to get that last botched build removed from it.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)