Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/10 12:48:04 UTC

June 2017 Board Report

Here is my current stab at the board report (has to be sent in by
Wednesday).  Any recommendations for changes?  The only thing that comes to
my mind is *maybe* mention the CM prototype [1], which is still slowly
under development.  I'm getting closer to having the DataDomain editor
finished.  :-)

Thanks,

mrg

[1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne-modeler

Apache Cayenne is a Java database persistence framework. It takes a
distinct approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime,
remote persistence services, and a GUI mapping/modeling tool.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

- Cayenne 3.1 (stable)
    - Maintenance only.

- Cayenne 4.0 (development)
    - Current development efforts are geared toward the 4.0 release.
      Artifacts for our first beta (4.0.B1) were just produced and
      are being evaluated and voted upon.

- Website
    - Started working on an updated website with the goal to make
      it cleaner, more modern, and mobile-friendly.

## Health report:

Cayenne is healthy.  The framework is under active development.  We
are working towards the goal of the 4.0 release and discussing what
should be included in the subsequent version.  We have a stable user
and developer community.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 8 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.
- Last PMC addition was Savva Kolbachev on Tue Apr 12 2016.

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 21 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months.
- Last committer addition was Nikita Timofeev at Fri Dec 23 2016.

## Releases:

- Last release was 4.0.M5 on Mon Mar 6 2017.

## Mailing list activity:

- dev@cayenne.apache.org:
    - 127 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months).
    - 92 emails sent to list (164 in previous quarter).

- user@cayenne.apache.org:
    - 252 subscribers (up 3 in the last 3 months).
    - 140 emails sent to list (208 in previous quarter).

## JIRA activity:

 - 65 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months.
 - 86 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months.

Re: June 2017 Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I wasn't inclined to include it, but thought I'd ask.

Re: June 2017 Board Report

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: June 2017 Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: June 2017 Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
>  The only thing that comes to my mind is *maybe* mention the CM prototype [1],

Certainly you can mention it for our own sake. The Board does not care one way or the other though.

Andrus