Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alex Hui <Al...@mitel.com> on 2018/06/25 16:59:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with apache 2.4.6 upload data limit?

We've recently upgraded our apache server in our product line from 2.4.25 to 2.4.6.    We have a screen sharing application which uploads frames to the apache server.   Sometimes after an upgrade of our product the screen sharing application doesn't work as no frames are shared.     When I investigated this problem from the PHP side it looks like apache server limits the amount of data uploaded to 8KB.   I found this issue out by examining the PHP fread function to examine how many bytes were being read at each interval chunk.    It is only after an apache restart does this problem go away and it becomes a nonreproducible problem.    However when this problem happens it is 100% reproducible and completely broken all the time.    Also one thing to note is that this problem only seems to manifest itself after a reboot of the system.   When it works it works 100% of the time.

Can anyone shed light on this issue?   This seems like a potential bug with the apache server.    Thanks,

NOTE: This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or protected by legal privilege. Any unauthorized review, use, copy, disclosure or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Mitel immediately and destroy all copies of this e-mail. Mitel does not accept any liability for breach of security, error or virus that may result from the transmission of this message.

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with apache 2.4.6 upload data limit?

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.
Other than LimitRequestBody, there isn't any limit enforced by httpd.
Further, httpd doesn't really process the uploaded data, aside from
esoteric configurations. How did you configure httpd to parse php content?

(And should likely leave the legal mumbo jumbo out of your signature for
public mailing lists)