Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joe S <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/08 16:51:32 UTC

https/ssl session establishment is very very slow

Hi,

I've implemented a SOAP Web Services client using AXIS2-1.3 libraries and
WSDL2JAVA. The main problem is that https/ssl session establishment is very
very slow, it takes 4.5 seconds! I've used the following option to reuse
httpclient:

stub = new myStub(url);
  org.apache.axis2.client.Options options =
                stub._getServiceClient().getOptions();
   options.setProperty(

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT,
                "true");

The SOAP requests after session establishment are almost as fast as http,
but the other problem is that the session times out after 60 sec. and it
takes another 4.5 sec again to establish a new session.  I've used the
following options, but no change in timeout period!

int timeOutInMilliSeconds = 300*1000;
    //  options.setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(timeOutInMilliSeconds); // doesn't
make any difference
   options.setProperty(
          org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.SO_TIMEOUT,
          timeOutInMilliSeconds);   // No change in timeout!

  options.setProperty(
            org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.CONNECTION_TIMEOUT
,
            timeOutInMilliSeconds);   // No change in timeout!

I've believe the problem is in the client configuration, because other
clients such as JMeter and .NET clients don't have this problem; their ssl
session establishment is very fast.

I've read the AXIS2 documentation but couldn't figure out how to fix these
problems. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Joe