Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.com> on 2007/07/07 17:04:36 UTC

bayes bayes_sql_override_username

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been mentioned and I've missed it, but....

I noted today that since upgrading from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 bayes stopped
working, or rather, bayes started ignoring the username etc passed
from the local.cf.

Using  bayes_sql_override_username has resolved the issue. My worry is
that this is a complete reversal of all previous versions of SA. I am
not sure if it's something I've done wrong (entirely possible) or if
it's an inherent problem. Either way, for those running 3.2.1 check
your bayes stuff.

To complicate matters further, it will --lint correctly. I only
noticed after a few spam got through and noticed they had no bayes
test header.

Hope that helps someone else.

If I've been a muppet I'm sure someone will let me know soon enough
:-D

Kind regards

Nigel

Re: bayes bayes_sql_override_username

Posted by Duane Hill <d....@yournetplus.com>.
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 at 16:04 +0100, nigel@blue-canoe.com confabulated:

> Hi All,
>
> Apologies if this has been mentioned and I've missed it, but....
>
> I noted today that since upgrading from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 bayes stopped
> working, or rather, bayes started ignoring the username etc passed
> from the local.cf.
>
> Using  bayes_sql_override_username has resolved the issue. My worry is
> that this is a complete reversal of all previous versions of SA. I am
> not sure if it's something I've done wrong (entirely possible) or if
> it's an inherent problem. Either way, for those running 3.2.1 check
> your bayes stuff.
>
> To complicate matters further, it will --lint correctly. I only
> noticed after a few spam got through and noticed they had no bayes
> test header.
>
> Hope that helps someone else.
>
> If I've been a muppet I'm sure someone will let me know soon enough
> :-D
>
> Kind regards
>
> Nigel

Works fine here. I upgraded from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 without any issues. The
following local.cf config has never changed since I first installed SA
back on version 3.1.8:

bayes_store_module              Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::MySQL
bayes_sql_dsn                   DBI:mysql:spamass:localhost:3306
bayes_sql_username              username
bayes_sql_password              password

I have bayes turned off in local.cf and leave the option up to our
customers if they want it turned on or not. The same holds true for
autolearning. I see several logs where bayes has autolearned messages as
ham/spam. I also have logs that show customers reporting messages to be
learned as ham/spam.

-----
  _|_
(_| |

RE: bayes bayes_sql_override_username

Posted by "James D. Rallo" <jr...@uppermohawkinc.com>.
Slight correction, username passed via the SpamD/C protocol was ignored.

passed from the SpamC client.

Thanks,
James