Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/14 07:45:39 UTC

[ANN][Axis2]Axis2 1.3 Released

Just over 4 months since the original 1.2 release, we are very proud
to announce the release of Apache Axis2 version 1.3.

Downloads are available at:
    http://ws.apache.org/axis2/download.cgi

Apache Axis2 is a complete re-design and re-write of the widely used
Apache Axis engine and is a more efficient, more scalable, more modular
and more XML-oriented Web services framework. It is carefully designed
to support the easy addition of plug-in "modules" that extend its
functionality for features such as security and reliability.

Modules supporting WS-Security/Secure-Conversation (Apache Rampart),
WS-Trust (Apache Rahas), WS-Reliable Messaging (Apache Sandesha) and
WS-Eventing (Apache Savan) will be available soon after the Apache
Axis2 1.3 release. Please see these projects' own sites for further
information.

Major Changes Since 1.2:
- - Moved to maven2 from maven1
- - Significantly improved documentation
- - Significantly improved support for POJO services and clients
- - Significantly improved Deployment module and custom deployers
- - Significantly improved support for Spring services
- - Significantly improved Axis Data Binding (ADB) to increase schema
  coverage and overall stability
- - Improved handler and module interfaces
- - Improved Eclipse and Idea plugins
- - Fixed tons of small and not-so-small bugs
- - Major code cleanup and improved exception handling
- - All the asynchronous MessageReceivers have been deprecated
- - Deprecating the introspection to find init()/destroy() methods on
service classes.
- - Deprecated the Callback interface
[http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/changesfrom1.2to1.3]
- - Added a new phase called "Addressing" and moved all the addressing
handlers into that phase
- - Name of the wsdl2java generated Exception classes changed.
  Earlier it had the Exception suffix and from Axis2 1.3 it has been
removed
- - Interface changed in ADB Datasource class
- - Classpath module loading support

Known Issues and Limitations in 1.3 Release:
 - Java2WSDL and runtime WSDL generation only support doc-lit/bare and
doc-lit/wrapped
 - Custom deployers only work in file system based repository.
 - POJO does not support HasMap , Hastable and Vectors.

Apache Axis2 1.3 is a major new release compared to Axis2 1.2. We are
striving for a simple and happy first time user experience as well as a
satisfying experienced user experience with this release. We welcome any
and all feedback at:
    axis-user@ws.apache.org (please include "[axis2]" in the subject)
    axis-dev@ws.apache.org (please include "[axis2]" in the subject)
    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2

Thank you for your interest in Apache Axis2!

The Axis2 Development Team
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/

-

Features of Apache Axis2:

Programming Model
   - Simple XML-centric client API with full WSDL and policy support
   - Support for easy deployemnt of POJO with or without annotation
   - Support for Spring services and clients
   - Support for any message exchange pattern (MEP)
   - Synchronous and asynchronous programming model (both in client
side and server side)
   - Archived based service deployment model supporting full service
     encapsulation
   - Directory based service deployment support
   - Archived module deployment model supporting controlled
     extensibility with versioning support
   - Hot deployment and Hot update suport for services
   - WS-Policy driven code generation extensions
   - Flexible service life cycle model and session managment
   - Automatic support for POX (REST) style invocation of services
   - Support for querying service's WSDL (with ?wsdl), schema (with
     ?xsd) and policies (with ?policy)
   - Java2WSDL support for both doclit/bare and doclit/wrapped
   - Support for custom deployers
   - Classpath module loading support

Supported Specifications
   - SOAP 1.1 and 1.2
   - Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism (MTOM)
   - XML Optimized Packaging (XOP)
   - SOAP with Attachments
   - WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0, including both SOAP and HTTP bindings
   - WS-Addressing submission and 1.0
   - WS-Policy
   - SAAJ 1.1

Transports
   - HTTP/HTTPS
   - SMTP
   - JMS
   - TCP

Supported Data Bindings
   - Axis Data Binding (ADB)
   - XMLBeans
   - JibX
   - JaxMe (Experimental)
   - JaxBRI (Experimental)

Tools
   - WSDL2Java: Generate Java stubs and skeletons from a WSDL document.
   - Java2WSDL: Generate a WSDL document from a Java class.
   - Eclipse Plugins
   - IntelliJ Idea Plugins
   - Maven2 Plugins
   - Web application for administering Apache Axis2

Re: [ANN][Axis2]Axis2 1.3 Released

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Please check now, we have updated the link,

Thanks

Lahiru

--
Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC  1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F

RE: [ANN][Axis2]Axis2 1.3 Released

Posted by Jorge Fernandez <in...@yahoo.es>.
Hi,

---------------------------------

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

> Hi,
>
> About new phase called addressing, is it possible to change the order
in axis2.xml or is it mandatory to keep that order?? I'm asking this
because in Inflow, Addressing appears before security and when I encrypt
WS-Addressing headers I receive an exception from the service:

You can definitely change the order as you like , the only reason to
change that to get RM+Security working in both SMTP and HTTP.  In the
case of SMTP we have to keep that phase order , in other cases you can
change that as you like.
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: A required
>  header representing a Message Addressing Property is not present
>
> I tried changind the order and I stopped having this exception (I have
another related with rampart) but I don't know if this will cause any
other problems.

> Also another question related with phases:
>
> Why security phase is not added to outFaultFlow??I wanted to encrypt
faults and I tried adding it by hand but I saw no difference, the
message is not encrypted
outFaultFlow will be invoked only if a fault occur , and I think we need
to add the phase to that flow as well (if security is putting handlers)

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [ANN][Axis2]Axis2 1.3 Released

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.