Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Muhammad Ismail <it...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/29 21:01:20 UTC

Lucene Field Boost

Hi

I have simple index with 2 fields i.e. title and body. When i perform a
simple search query like bring document which have particular text like
lazy or dog or brown in either title or body but I want matches in title
get boost over body reault. Also document which have all matches must be on
top. should i need to overwrite lucene similarity

Re: Lucene Field Boost

Posted by Muhammad Ismail <it...@gmail.com>.
I am using Lucene version 3.0.0. I am already setting boost to field but
still result are not according to requirement i.e. Document that have all
the matching term either in title or body field must be on top. Regardless
of term frequency & idf.

   1. I have 2 fields in document i.e. Title & body
   2. Query is:  +(title: lazy^3 or dog^3 or fox^3) +(body:lazy^2 or dog^2
   or fox^2).
   3. Document that have all three terms in *Title* must be on top and then
   all terms in titte or body and so on

I have overwrite default similarity as below but it does not work.

LoadSimilarity extends DefaultSimilarity {

    private static final long serialVersionUID = -909003452363957475L;

    @Override
    public float coord(int overlap, int maxOverlap) {
       return 1.0F;
    }

RE: Lucene Field Boost

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.