Posted to users@maven.apache.org by stéphane bouchet <St...@emn.fr> on 2005/06/15 16:15:08 UTC

OutOfMemoryException during xdoc generation

Hi Maven Users,

I am experiencing a little problem with the xdoc plugin.

After upgrading to 1.9 version ,i got an exception when runnig the "site" goal.

         at
         at
         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Well, it is not very difficult to find the problem, but with the xdoc version
before i didn't have this problem ???

My config is :
SUN UltraSparc 2x900 Mhz
4096 Mo
JDK 1.5.0

So my question is why i am getting this error ? is the xdoc plugin will improve
performance to avoid that ?

Of course i will pass the -Xmx arg to the JVM ;)

Cheers,

Stéphane

Re: OutOfMemoryException during xdoc generation

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Did you try setting the MAVEN_OPTS variable to provide more memory, ie
MAVEN_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx1024m

Cheers,

Vincent

Posted by stéphane bouchet <St...@emn.fr>.
Thanks Brett, you're doing a great job !

Stéphane

PS : after setting MAVEN_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx1024m, i have no more problems.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.