Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Christian Wrobel <c....@fraport.de> on 2001/02/23 10:06:11 UTC

Addressbook Error: Fault Code:Server.Exception:

Hi!

I've a problem with the simple SOAP exsample "Addressbook".

When i execute the Addressbook sample "testit.cmd" i get the messgage:

Generated fault:
   Fault Code   = Server.Exception:
   Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I' ve searched the source code to find wher the fault is raised.

The fault is generated in org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient in
the method invokeMethod on evoke call.invoke(routerURL,""")

  private Response invokeMethod (String methodName, Parameter param)
       throws SOAPException {
    call.setTargetObjectURI
(ServerConstants.SERVICE_MANAGER_SERVICE_NAME);
    call.setMethodName (methodName);
    call.setEncodingStyleURI (Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);
    if (userName != null) {
      SOAPHTTPConnection hc = new SOAPHTTPConnection ();
      hc.setUserName (userName);
      hc.setPassword (password);
      call.setSOAPTransport (hc);
    }
    if (param != null) {
      params.removeAllElements ();
      params.addElement (param);
      call.setParams (params);
    } else {
      call.setParams (null);
    }
    Response resp = call.invoke (routerURL, ""); *************  This is
the row which generates the fault ************
    if (resp.generatedFault ()) {
      Fault fault = resp.getFault ();
      System.out.println ("Ouch, the call failed: ");
      System.out.println ("  Fault Code   = " + fault.getFaultCode ());
      System.out.println ("  Fault String = " + fault.getFaultString
());
    }
    return resp;
  }

What's the Problem?? Perhaps I have to do some additional settings!
Does anyone have an idea???

THX

Christian Wrobel