Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Gastón Kleiman <ga...@mesosphere.io> on 2018/07/09 21:49:46 UTC

Hi all,

I'm considering creating an "Operations Working Group".

It could focus on making Mesos clusters easier to manage, deploy, and
operate.

Some possible topics that could be discussed in the working group:

   - Best practices for operating a Mesos cluster
   - Packaging
   - Tools to deploy, upgrade, and operate Mesos clusters (Puppet,
   Saltstack, Terraform, Mesos CLI, etc.)
   - Observability through metrics, logging, and debug/information endpoints

Please let me know if you think that such a working group would be useful
for the community and if you would be interesting in joining its meetings.

Thanks!

-Gastón

Re:

Posted by Noah Cawley <ca...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely interested.

Re:

Posted by Abel Souza <ab...@cs.umu.se>.
I’d be interested.

Operations Working Group proposal

Posted by Gastón Kleiman <ga...@mesosphere.io>.
Woops, I just noticed that I sent the email without a subject, I'm adding
one to this mail =).

Re: Operations Working Group proposal

Posted by Adam Cecile <ad...@hitec.lu>.
Hello,

If you're interested in I suggest not starting over Debian/Ubuntu stuff
from scratch.
I already did the work here:

http://packages.le-vert.net/mesos/debian/
http://packages.le-vert.net/mesos/ubuntu/

I also have some Puppet (kinda dirty resources) but I'm not sure I'm
allowed to share, I'll ask.

Mesos and Chronos available. Last time I tried building Marathon it
failed. Still interrested in btw, as Marathon UI is completely fucked
since newer Mesos release but had no time to dig into at the moment...

Best regards, Adam.

On 07/10/2018 09:02 AM, Sundeep.Kumar3@cognizant.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I too would be interested in this group.
>
> In real world, it does makes sense to have best practices around
> operations.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sundeep Kumar

RE: Re:

Posted by Su...@cognizant.com.
[...]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

Re:

Posted by Armand Grillet <ag...@mesosphere.io>.
I would be interested.

Re: