Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/04 09:04:10 UTC

Build customized resource manager

Hi team,

AFAIK, we built k8s/yarn/mesos as resource manager; but I'd like to did
some enhancement to them, e.g. integrate with Volcano
<http://github.com/volcano-sh/volcano> in k8s. Is that possible to do that
without fork the whole spark project? For example, enable customized
resource manager with configuration, e.g. replace
`org.apache.spark.deploy.k8s.submit.KubernetesClientApplication` with
`MyK8SClient`, so I can only maintain the resource manager instead of the
whole project.

-- Klaus

Re: Build customized resource manager

Posted by Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com>.
hm.... that'll be better to me if we can build customized resource manager
out of core; otherwise, we have to go through the long discussion in the
community :)
But if we support that, why still mesos/yarn/k8s resource manager there in
the tree?

Posted by Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Graves <tg...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
    On Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 07:22:59 PM CST, Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Any suggestions?

- Klaus

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 5:04 PM Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi team,
AFAIK, we built k8s/yarn/mesos as resource manager; but I'd like to did some enhancement to them, e.g. integrate with Volcano in k8s. Is that possible to do that without fork the whole spark project? For example, enable customized resource manager with configuration, e.g. replace `org.apache.spark.deploy.k8s.submit.KubernetesClientApplication` with `MyK8SClient`, so I can only maintain the resource manager instead of the whole project.

Posted by Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com>.
Any suggestions?

Posted by Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com>.
Any suggestions?