Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 06:09:13 UTC

MutableCounterLong and MutableCounterLong class difference in metrics v2

I use hadoop-2.0.5, there are MutableCounterLong and  MutableCounterLong
class in metrics v2.

I am studing metrics v2 code.

What are difference MutableCounterLong and  MutableCounterLong class ?

I find the MutableCounterLong is used to calculate throughput,  is that
right?  How does the metrics v2 to handle MutableCounterLong  class?

Thanks,

LiuLei

Re: MutableCounterLong and MutableCounterLong class difference in metrics v2

Posted by Jun Ping Du <jd...@vmware.com>.
Hi Lei,
MutableCounterLong is a type of counter which can be increased only (count number is often large comparing with MutableCounterInt). It is used a lot in Hadoop metrics system, i.e. DatanodeMetrics.
You can find more details on metrics v2 in Hadoop wiki link ( http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HADOOP-6728-MetricsV2 ) and related JIRAs (under HADOOP-6728). Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Junping