Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Redden <jr...@matrix-consultants.com> on 2007/03/13 16:27:11 UTC

Re: failures with wagon (one solution)

I have found a workaround for the shortcomings of wagon.

To deploy in an ssh environment on Linux:

1.) run: ssh-agent /bin/bash
2.) run: ssh-add
3.) test your connections to the remote secure host:  ssh
maven@my.remote.secure.host  and then logout
4.) run: mvn deploy

To deploy in an ssh environment on MS Windows:

1.) run: pageant.exe
2.) Everything is the same as it is for
Linux, only the names of the executables are different. Instead of
"ssh", you use "plink.exe". Instead of scp, you use "pscp.exe". Remember
to provide the full path to the executables. It's the full DOS path, but
with FORWARD slashes.  All the programs, pscp and pageant.exe, etc, are
available here:
http://www.deepfriedbutteronastick.com/ssh/

Re: Best documentation on how to deploy plugin into your local repo

Posted by John Redden <jr...@matrix-consultants.com>.
Sorry, my fuzziness.

Strictly a corporate repo.

-John R.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Addenda to failures with wagon (one solution)

Posted by John Redden <jr...@matrix-consultants.com>.
More on this.

If you try maven deploy:deploy-file with just this setup, it will fail
(unless the user your running happens to be the same as the remote
repo).  The reason is that the comand line,  deploy:deploy-file does not
have an option to set the user.  The work around for this entails an
additional step, create the user the ssh expects when accessing you
local repo via scpexe.   For Linux I had to create a maven user.  I'm
not sure waht the procedure is for windows.