Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wai-Yip Tung <wt...@cisco.com> on 2001/10/11 18:27:32 UTC

Cookie name is case-insensitive? [RFC 2109 4.1]

According to RFC 2109 HTTP State Management Mechanism section 4.1, cookie
name should be case insensitive. I'm writing a browser. Base on this I make
a decision to convert all cookie name to lower case. Unfortunately Tomcat
3.2.1 don't recognize its JSESSIONID cookie getting turned into lower case.
So HttpSession won't work. Is Tomcat wrong or I'm wrong?

In any case, nobody seems to closely adhere to RFC 2109 anyway. Everyone
have some variation. Tomcat has a "Set-cookie2" header! Anyone know about
RFC 2109's adoption.

Wai-yip