Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Zlika <th...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/01/11 17:32:08 UTC

Maven-pmd-plugin: where does the "useless parentheses" come from?

Hi all,

Recent versions of the maven-pmd-plugin (I think starting from v3.0) activate by default the "useless parentheses" rule. However, I don't understand why: this rule is from the "unnecessary" ruleset, and according to the plugin documentation only the "basic", "unused code" and "import" rulesets are activated by default, so why is it performing this check and how can I disable it?
This is really annoying that this check is enabled by default, because this is according to me a very stupid and useless check.

Thank you for your answers.

Thomas