Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Va...@lntinfotech.com on 2002/05/15 08:12:25 UTC

Re: velocity log is not getting created

can i solve this problem by setting the following in velocity.properties
file

file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates
runtime.log.logsystem.class = org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.NullLogSystem

regards
Vanitha

                    Vanitha.S@lntin
                    fotech.com            To:     "Velocity Users List" <ve...@jakarta.apache.org>
                                          cc:
                    15/05/2002            Subject:     velocity log is not getting created
                    11:02 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "Velocity
                    Users List"

Hi,

    we had done a project using velocity and tomcat 3.3. when we tried to
invoke a servlet  we got...

[ resource not found exception  and the resource file name. ]

The path for the templates in velocity.properties file is right

file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates
runtime.log = WEB-INF/velocity.log

in tomcat log file we found this exception..

   PANIC : Error configuring AvalonLogSystem :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
Files\Hitachi\CIFE1.0\WEB-INF\velocity.log (Access Denied)
java.lang.Exception: Unable to configure AvalonLogSystem :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
Files\Hitachi\CIFE1.0\WEB-INF\velocity.log (Access Denied)
     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.AvalonLogSystem.init(AvalonLogSystem.java:135)

     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogManager.createLogSystem(LogManager.java:108)

     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeLogger(RuntimeInstance.java:468)

     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:259)
     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:438)
     at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeSingleton.init(RuntimeSingleton.java:260)

     at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.init(Velocity.java:149)
     at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.init(VelocityServlet.java:205)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doInit(ServletHandler.java:447)
     at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.init(ServletHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:472)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.JNIConnectionHandler.processConnection(JNIConnectionHandler.java:185)

     at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.JNIEndpoint.service(JNIEndpoint.java:188)
2002-05-14 20:20:41 - SessionIdGenerator: Created random class
java.security.SecureRandom

velocity log file is not created and we are unable to figure out the
problem...

Need an urgent help.

Thanks and Regards
Vanitha

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:velocity-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: velocity log is not getting created

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 5/15/02 2:12 AM, "Vanitha.S@lntinfotech.com" <Va...@lntinfotech.com>
wrote:

> can i solve this problem by setting the following in velocity.properties
> file
>
> file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates
> runtime.log.logsystem.class = org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.NullLogSystem

You could do that, but it would swallow the log messages, which are useful.
See my other response, and look into the loader and logger from
jakarta-velocity-tools/view

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.