Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chandresh Turakhia <ch...@bhartitelesoft.com> on 2007/02/13 11:25:58 UTC

Fw: General questions

FYI . Bob is from Nexaweb.

Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:22 AM
Subject: Fw: General questions

Bob , Ben :

Based on discussion on Ofbiz newsgroup,

Correct me if my understanding is not at best with XAL and Ofbiz.

I would advocate
  a.. Take ftl files from Ofbiz.
    a..    Separate Markup with FTL tags. Now we have 2 XML file. (1) Markup View file  and (2) another file have @ofbiz type id file
    b..    Same ftl file could be regenerated using XSLT combination of (1) and (2)
  b.. Change file (1) change it to .xal file which file (3). I assume all html tags are valid in XAL.
    a.. You may selectively update with better looking controls
    b.. XSLT can update widgets selectively.
    c.. Think about working Ofbiz widgets with nexaweb widgets.
  c.. Use XSLT to merge (3) with (2) to get new .ftl (4) file which are XAL files.
Now we have (4) xal files rendered from ftl files.  It should look better

Atleast it will get xal inside ofbiz. Get visibility

All my ideas may not be best hack but hoping some turn out to be :) Please correct me if there is better approach.

Chand

Re: General questions

Posted by Chandresh Turakhia <ch...@bhartitelesoft.com>.
Agreed.

So whats the task for me.- ( Talking like developer ). Let me know which
file and what to change.

Quick question from XAL experts ) : XAL works in html , for sure . But what
steps I need to take to make it work.

I might need XAP runtime too in classpath.

Chand

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.