Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by an...@telenor.com on 2002/08/27 14:18:13 UTC

Is JWS standard?

Is jws a standard J2EE thing? Or likely to become soon?

In other words will Web services using jws be portable to other J2EE platforms? So far I only know about Axis and Workshop using jws, but I think I read that Weblogic claims it to be standard.

Thanx/AM

AW: Is JWS standard?

Posted by Stefan Henke <st...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

no, I don´t think that jws is or will be standard in the future.
AFAK, J2EE will use another type of interface to support webservices,
especially to access an ejb via soap.

But I´m not sure. Maybe someone can correct me or agree with my statement

Stefan