Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alan Nisbet <al...@ecebs.com> on 2008/04/25 17:15:01 UTC

Passing parameters to ftl template with s:param

Hi,

First time poster and relative struts newbie,

I'm trying to create an ftl template that positions two
s:datetimepicker(s) side by side to capture date and time.

I use the s:component tag and define my template shown below. It is
working relatively well however I'm unable to retrieve any parameters
via the ${parameters.myParam} notation (only defaults are being set). In
my JSP I'm using s:param tag to define the parameters.

Can anyone help me?

dateandtime.ftl
---------------

<#include
"/${parameters.templateDir}/${parameters.theme}/controlheader.ftl" />

<@s.dateTimePicker
    theme="simple"
    name="${parameters.dateName?default('fromDate')}"
    type="date"
    displayFormat="${parameters.dateFormat?default('dd/MM/yyyy')}" />

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

<@s.dateTimePicker
    theme="simple"
    name="${parameters.timeName?default('startTime')}"
    type="time"
    displayFormat="${parameters.dateFormat?default('HH:mm')}" />

<#include "/${parameters.templateDir}/xhtml/controlfooter.ftl" />

Best Regards,

Alan.

 Alan Nisbet  	                Phone: +44(0)1355 272911
 Software Engineer                Fax:   +44(0)1355 272993
 Ecebs Limited
 The Toros Building,
 Rankin Avenue
 Scottish Enterprise Technology Park,
 East Kilbride
 G75 0QF                          Email:     alan.nibset@ecebs.com
 United Kingdom                   Internet:  http://www.Ecebs.com

 This email is only for the use of the addressee.  It may contain
 information which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt
 from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient you are
 hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
 of this communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Re: Passing parameters to ftl template with s:param

Posted by Peter Wages <pm...@gmail.com>.
If you want  to  use the value parameter, you must  enclose  the value
 with single quotation marks in addition to  double quotation marks. ,
if  your value is  a string

" ' value ' "
The value  parameter is  assuming you are passing  an object.  This is
associated with OGNL

What worked for you Alan, putting the  value in the body of the tag,
is  good .  This is the simplest way. Here Struts is assuming you are
working with a string.

I  spent a day with this problem.  This is noted the param docs

Peter

Re: Passing parameters to ftl template with s:param

Posted by Alan Nisbet <al...@ecebs.com>.
Hi,