Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/20 06:58:56 UTC

How to evaluate memory consumption of indexes

Hello,

after having added a new index, I see a surge of off-heap consumption
(+10GB) but since it is a small index, I am surprised by it. Is there a way
to have more details about what's consuming off-heap?

Thanks in advance

Re: How to evaluate memory consumption of indexes

Posted by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the answer, did not thing of using the persistence to assess the
size :)

Re: How to evaluate memory consumption of indexes

Posted by akorensh <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  Use metrics to see what data regions are using off heap.
  https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/iodataregiondata_region_name

  A small index should not consume that much memory. Try turning on
persistence to
  see exactly how large your index.bin files are.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-persistent-store.

  see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Ignite+Durable+Memory+-+under+the+hood
  and
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Ignite+Persistent+Store+-+under+the+hood

  Use experimental means to determine what is taking off heap.
  Clear out your data and re-load a small amount, note how the off heap
grows, load more data.
  Try loading the data with and without an index.

Thanks,Alex