Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Burleson <da...@ephotozine.com> on 2007/03/02 14:38:28 UTC

Subversion Server IP Changed

<head>
</head>
Forgive me, im new at subversion. We just moved offices and the inner
IP address of the server that holds our subversion has changed from
xxx.xx.32.xx to xxx.xx.34.xx . Now when any of us try to connect to the
svn (via tortoiseSVN) we get the following errors:<br>
PROPFIOND request failed on '/svn/development'<br>
PROPFIND of '/svn/development': could not connect to server
So I figure something has happened due to the IP address change, how
can I fix this? Changing the IP address back is not an option.<br>
Best Regards,<br>
David</font></font>

Re: Subversion Server IP Changed

Posted by Kylo Ginsberg <ky...@gmail.com>.
I notice that the url specifies subversion via http at port 81.  Is
the server still set up at port 81? Is there possibly a firewall
somewhere disallowing port 81?

Posted by Erik Hemdal <er...@comprehensivepower.com>.
On 3/2/07, David Burleson  <ma...@ephotozine.com>
<da...@ephotozine.com> wrote:

 Hello:

 Forgive me, im new at subversion. We just moved offices and the inner IP
address of the server that holds our subversion has changed from
xxx.xx.32.xx to xxx.xx.34.xx . Now when any of us try to connect to the svn
(via tortoiseSVN) we get the following errors:

 PROPFIOND request failed on '/svn/development'
 PROPFIND of '/svn/development': could not connect to server
(http://xxx.xx.34.xx:81)

 So I figure something has happened due to the IP address change, how can I
fix this? Changing the IP address back is not an option.

I'm not well versed in using Apache with Subversion, but I have hit similar
issues in the past.  "Could not connect to server" suggests that this isn't
a Subversion issue, but something else.  I'd suggest the following:

Make sure that your Apache configuration is set up to listen at the right
port on the new IP address.
If there's a firewall on the server, make sure the port you use is open.  It
looks like port 81 is the one you are using, and it might be closed.
Try using a port number greater than 1024.  This is a stretch, but might be
worth trying.
I can't find what OS you are on, but if you have Security Enhanced Linux in
enforcing mode, it can also play havoc with your web server.  On Red Hat and
Fedora, it's called SELinux, other distros might have different names.

I hope this will help.  Erik

Re: Subversion Server IP Changed

Posted by David Burleson <da...@ephotozine.com>.
<head>
</head>
me the same error as stated below. I know the address is correct as I
Kylo Ginsberg wrote:
 cite="mid61cc712d0703020642w236b8384q8bb3a3bb6e80e680@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">I think you want to do: svn switch --relocate.&nbsp; In
tortoise:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_sk/tsvn-dug-relocate.html">http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_sk/tsvn-dug-relocate.html</a>
Kylo
On 3/2/07, David Burleson <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:david@ephotozine.com">&lt;david@ephotozine.com&gt;</a> wrote:
&nbsp;Hello:
&nbsp;Forgive me, im new at subversion. We just moved offices and the inner
IP
address of the server that holds our subversion has changed from
xxx.xx.32.xx to xxx.xx.34.xx . Now when any of us try to connect to the
svn
(via tortoiseSVN) we get the following errors:
&nbsp;PROPFIOND request failed on '/svn/development'
&nbsp;PROPFIND of '/svn/development': could not connect to server
(<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://xxx.xx.34.xx:81">http://xxx.xx.34.xx:81</a>)
&nbsp;So I figure something has happened due to the IP address change, how
can I
fix this? Changing the IP address back is not an option.
&nbsp;Best Regards,
&nbsp;David
commands, e-mail: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:users-help@subversion.tigris.org">users-help@subversion.tigris.org</a>
For additional commands, e-mail: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:users-help@subversion.tigris.org">users-help@subversion.tigris.org</a>