Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Michael Post <mi...@purematic.de> on 2006/10/29 23:20:23 UTC

Build OpenJPA from svn

Hello,

i want to build the openjpa from the current subversion-repository. The
download works great, but building with maven (mvn install) finish with
errors.
Some packages can not be downloaded from there source on the
apache.org-server.

Can anyone give me a build-version from openjpa per pm or can me give
some fixes / advice for my prob?

Thanks Michael

Re: Build OpenJPA from svn

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

If you're starting from scratch with Maven there can be some problems
downloading the dependencies. The way to resolve them is to try the build
again.

If you look through the mailing list archives (Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:52:04 GMT
by Marc Logemann). Here's a link to the archive,
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-open-jpa-dev/200608.mbox/thread.

If you're seeing something like this :

> roject ID: org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-sink-api
>
> Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-sink-api'
> from the repository: Error transferring file
>    org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-sink-api:pom:1.0-alpha-8
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>    central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>    apache.snapshots (http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
>    snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)
>
> Then you're best bet is to run maven again. it might take a few times but
eventually you'll get all the dependencies.

If you're seeing something completely different, then please post the error
that you're seeing and I'll try to help.

--
-Michael Dick