Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/29 15:30:02 UTC

Hacktoberfest 2019

Hi Fellows,

There is an event named as Hacktoberfest
https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/

It may be great for us to attract new developers. We just need to tag some
issues as 'Hacktober'
and that's all.

What do you think?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Hacktoberfest 2019

Posted by Jorge Betancourt <be...@gmail.com>.
I agree that it would be great to attract new contributions (and
contributors) to the project but I do see a big caveat: Hacktoberfest is
massively advertised around finding issues in Github which we don't use as
an issue tracker.

We could label some issues in Jira with "hacktoberfest" but not sure if it
will be easy enough to find. In any case, we could label the issues and
hope for the best unless we have a good way of advertising this.

Best Regards,
Jorge