Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karl Coleman <kc...@commercebenefitsgroup.com> on 2003/12/01 17:02:20 UTC

Windows Serive Permissions?

I have a command-line utility I am running that converts files into PDF. Here is the line we're using to run the program:

Process proc = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd.exe /c C:\\BatchPDF.exe "+rtfFile.getAbsolutePath()+" "+pdfFile.getAbsolutePath());

The problem is, it only runs if Tomcat was started from the startup.bat file. If Tomcat is running as a service, which is how we want it, it does not run. We set up Tomcat to run under administrator with no luck. We are guessing this is a file permissions problem, either from running it as a Windows service or with Tomcat itself. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Karl