Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ramsés Morales <ra...@computer.org> on 2003/07/26 01:31:21 UTC

Hi.

I would like to do sitemap substitution to the type attribute of the
serializer from the wildcard matcher. I get this error:

Type '{1}' is not defined for 'serialize'

That means I can't select dynamically the serializer with this syntax?:

<map:serialize type="{1}"/>

I solved the problem using a selector, but I would really like to do it
with {1}. Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Re:

Posted by Ramsés Morales <ra...@computer.org>.
Excelent!!

That's exactly what I needed. Why didn't I think of that? :-)

Thanks.

pb with sql transform or HSQLDB

Posted by Bruno Pierre <br...@yahoo.fr>.
Hello everybody.

WHen i do the query

SELECT ID AS TOTO FROM ....

I get the tag <id> and not the tag <toto>
is it a problem of HSQLDB or a problem of the transformer?

To have the wanted output i'm forced to do
SELECT ID+0 AS TOTO FROM...
but it is boring

thanks

Re: processing flow for (was: )

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
I just remembered (and easily found the link at the bottom of
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ResourceNaming)
that there already was some stuff said about this...

somewhere on the side of the FOM discussion:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105407766715121&w=2

proposal being (as it is somewhat hidden in that thread) to have
'composed' sitemap components like this:

Stefano wrote (in link mentioned above):
> Look at the difference between:
>
>  <map:resource name="xhtml">
>   <map:transformer type="link-translation"/>
>   <map:serializer type="xhtml"/>
>  <map:resource>
>
>  <map:match pattern="...">
>   <map:generate src="..."/>
>   <map:transform src="..."/>
>   <map:call resource="xhtml"/>
>  </map:match>
>
> compared with
>
>  <map:serializer name="xhtml">
>   <map:transformer type="link-translation"/>
>   <map:serializer type="xhtml"/>
>  <map:serializer>
>
>  <map:match pattern="...">
>   <map:generate src="..."/>
>   <map:transform src="..."/>
>   <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
>  </map:match>

which more nicely tackles the issue covered in the ResourceNaming
wiki page

I don't remember any resolution/vote...
I do remember a spin-off thread (aha, there it is)

with subject 'Overloaded pipeline elements' (what should of have
been 'Composed pipeline elements' IMHO

sorry if this adds onto the confusion, but it could help memory...

regards,
-marc=
PS: to make it even worse: by coincidence the generalized flow
discussion also brings us to reconsidering the map:call for the
flow stuff, might be sensible to do the changes in one sweap?

Re: processing flow for (was: )

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Re: processing flow for

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:

<snip />

> So we can consider resources as "gosub" and no more "goto" as stated in
> the doc. Moreover, since resources can be passed parameters, they are
> actually functions ! I can't remember if a formal vote occured on this,
> but people globally found this feature usefull.

             ^^^^^^^^^^

the man is so honest, there was actually a sigh of relieve
throughout the entire galaxy :-)

much of the viewed side-effects to be observed here:
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/

> Time to update the docs...

I'm prepping up a rewrite of some the wiki pages as a doco patch
(unless someone beats me to it)

> Sylvain

-marc=

Re: processing flow for

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> (Moving this discussion to dev list because it implies an more or less
> important change - wanted or not.)
>
> The problem: Does the processing return to a calling pipeline after
> <map:call resource=""/>?
>
> The docu at
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Calling+resources
> and http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Resources says no (to
> whatever reasons). But I saw Marc's example at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CleanerSiteMapsThroughResources
> and he tested it again and it worked, i.e. the processing flow *does*
> return to the calling pipeline.
>
> Is this change implied? What were the pros and contras of this
> behaviour? I only know the old behaviour and, yes, the return makes
> the sitemap pipeline snippets more flexible. And who updates the docu ;-)
>
> Can anybody say something about it?

Yes : the culprit is me ;-)

The compiled sitemap engine enforced the "doesn't return" feature. When
writing the interpreted engine (the only one available in 2.1), I
introduced a "bug" which was causing resources to return if the
processing wasn't terminated. As resources were meant to close the
pipeline, this made no difference... until the day where someone forgot
to close it and discovered we could return from resources.

processing flow for (was: )

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

processing flow for (was: )

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re:

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Marc Portier wrote:

>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Calling+resources.
>

> I've spent some time to figure out if the wording 'calls to a resource
> never return' could be interpreted in any other way but I'ld have to
> concede that the doco is not in sync with code reality here...
>

> Maybe the docos are still reflecting how the previous sitemap
> implementation was handling things? Anyone out there aware of the
> history of things? (I never tested this with anything else then the
> treeprocessor)

Bit of history:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=102572946412590&w=2

In short, current sitemap behavior is due to a bug, which is now
considered an "undocumented feature". There were some other emails about
it but I can't find them.

Vadim

Re:

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.