Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sergej Berishaj <se...@klika.si> on 2005/09/05 17:51:27 UTC

Slow client side deserialization

Hello all.

I have a slight problem using Axis. Everything works fine, but I'm
bothered by the slowness of client side deserialization.

I am trying to send an array of 1300 complex type instances (beans) over
the wire. The bean has 15 members -- 10 strings, 3 floats and 2
Calendars. The server side serialization is surprisingly fast, but the
whole process (server side serialization, sending the data, client side
deserialization) takes about 6 seconds to complete, on a P4 3 Gig
computer with 1024 MBytes of RAM!

I have been reading the mailing list and was offered the possibility to
write my own serializer/deserializer, and define it by modifying the
.wsdd file. I have done that, and got the times to under 4 seconds. I am
guessing that the performance gain originates from avoiding the Java's
Reflection API when using the standard Bean serializer.

But still -- client side beans (generated with WSDL2Java from the wsdl
file) do not use my custom deserializer, but the BeanDeserializer. I am
guessing that the custom serializer and deserializer are only used on
the server side?

Do you have any ideas how to speed up the process of client side
deserialization?

Thank you for any ideas and suggestions.
Regards,
Sergej Berishaj

Re: Slow client side deserialization

Posted by Kr <ba...@gmail.com>.
use JiBX for (un)marshalling. It is faster than any other java<-->xml
data binding frameworks out there.