Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmx.de> on 2018/11/01 11:26:14 UTC

Download page still shows 3.5.4 as latest and greatest

Hello,

https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi still shows 3.5.4 instead of 3.6.0 as latest and greatest.

Regards
Mirko

Re: Download page still shows 3.5.4 as latest and greatest

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 11:41, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> yep, there is a bunch of steps after the vote and it usually took me a day
> or two for to wait for the mirrors to sync, which is a blocker for calling
> the release available.
>
> This is Karl's first run as release manager

For core... he's done plenty of the plugins and shared components... but
core is a "special snowflake"

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Mirko,

On 01/11/18 12:56, Mirko Friedenhagen wrote:
> Hello Stephan, hello Karl Heinz,
>
> sorry should this have sounded to harsh. Thanks a lot to everyone who acts as release manager, I did this once or twice for a plugin and I found it quite complicated.

No need to appologize ..I haven't determined it as harsh.....you have
just asked... No problem..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

On 01/11/18 12:41, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> yep, there is a bunch of steps after the vote and it usually took me a day
> or two for to wait for the mirrors to sync, which is a blocker for calling
> the release available.

That's the reason why I waited a day to be sure all sync for mirrors
etc. have been done ..also search in Central is updated...

> This is Karl's first run as release manager
>
> Patience is a virtue!

Thanks..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 11:42, Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Mirko,
>
> of course not, cause I haven't written the announcement yet..
>
> I'm currently preparing the release notes (just published a few minutes
> ago)..
>
> Afterwards I will check the pages etc..and afterwards I will do the
> announcement mail...I need to make the announcement mail first cause I
> need to add the announcement mail reference to the release notes page...

I normally updated it twice... first without the link, so that the
announcement mail could reference the release notes... then with the
link... a pain, but just about the only way I could prevent people clicking
on broken links (and the mail can take up to 8h before the archive link
picks it up

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Mirko,