Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Edgar P Dollin <ed...@blue-moose.net> on 2004/01/08 04:28:10 UTC

[OT] Canoe Webtest / HttpUnit

I have been struggling with these two testing tools for a while now
attempting to retrofit http tests over an existing working application.

JavaScript has been a bear, stuff that works on Mozilla and IE breaks in
HttpUnit (not that the review didn't turn up myriads of errors).  Repairing
the scripts has really strengthened the code.

I know that others on this list use Canoe Webtest.  It is much nicer writing
Webtest scripts than HttpUnit java code.

However, I am ready to give up on WebTest, but before I do would like to
hear if others have had similar problems.  The issue I can't seem get around
is that my site requires cookies.  I have a hidden field and some javascript
to test if cookies are enabled and value the hidden field.  Webtest won't
value the field and won't let me set the value of the field.  Additionally,
this issue cropped up when I upgraded from Tomcat 4.1.18 to 4.1.29.

Any insight is welcome.

Thanks.

Edgar

---

Re: [OT] Canoe Webtest / HttpUnit

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I use WebTest a lot. I think you have turn cookies on via the HttpUnit config.

http://lists.canoo.com/pipermail/webtest/2003q2/000735.html

-Ted.