Posted to user@ant.apache.org by tankertux <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/09 17:57:27 UTC

Overriding a Target programmatically - task not being executed

I am trying to write unit tests for my build.  Part of the build that I am
testing would create a war, but I do not want a war to be created every time
I run the tests.  However, I do want to see that the target to build the war
was executed.

I am using jUnit to run the ant tasks and am trying to override the target
that will create a war, replacing it with a simple property task that I can
test against.

The target I am testing looks like:

      <target name="determineDeployOrigin" >
		<if>
			<equals arg1="${buildWar}" arg2="yes" />
			<then>
				<antcall target="createWar" />
				<property name="deploy.origin" value="${deploy.dir}/${deploy.warname}"
/>
			</then>
			<else>
				<property name="deploy.origin" value="${deploy.webcontent}" />
			</else>
		</if>
	</target>

I am testing this logic in Junit, simply by asserting that "deploy.origin"
and "executed.properly" are what I expect after overriding createWar:

   @Test
   public void determineWarDeployOrigin(){

      Target createWar = new Target();
      createWar.setName("createWar");

      Property createWarTestProperty = new Property();
      createWarTestProperty.setProject(project);
      createWarTestProperty.setName("executed.properly");
      createWarTestProperty.setValue("true");

      createWar.addTask(createWarTestProperty);

      if(project.getTargets().get("createWar") == null){
         fail("createWar target not found in web-deploy.xml");
      }
      project.addOrReplaceTarget("createWar", createWar);

      project.setProperty("buildWar", "yes");
      assertNull(project.getProperty("deploy.origin"));
      project.executeTarget("setLocalDeployProperties");
      project.executeTarget("determineDeployOrigin");

      assertEquals("true",project.getProperty("executed.properly"));

assertEquals("C:/builds/local/dist/RCMii.war",project.getProperty("deploy.origin"))
   }

The problem is that "executed.properly" is always null, unless I explicitly
call execute() on createWarTestProperty task.  Is there something that I am
doing wrong in creating the createWar target?
Any suggestions are appreciated...