Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Sriram Varadharajan <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/17 03:53:48 UTC

Acroform coordinates ?

Does FDF form (AcroForm) have field coordinates associated with every field
along with their eLabels. I was able to inspect an XFA forms in PDFGears
and was able to see the coordinates . Wondering if the same is available in
FDF form ?

Thanks

Re: Acroform coordinates ?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,
> Am 17.11.2015 um 03:53 schrieb Sriram Varadharajan <va...@gmail.com>:
>
> Does FDF form (AcroForm) have field coordinates associated with every field
> along with their eLabels. I was able to inspect an XFA forms in PDFGears

in XFA a field may have a caption element which defines the field label. There is no such element in 'classic' AcroForms. There labels are regular text which is placed independently (which is something that you can also do in XFA and widely used).

To identify field labels if they are not defined as captions you'd need to get the text positions and the positions of the fields and see if the text is close to the field which might identify a label.

BR
Maruan