Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Zhen <15...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2021/07/26 23:48:25 UTC

[SOC 2021][DISCUSS] Build CI/CD pipeline with ds

Hi,

I'm the mentee of summer project 210290129 - CI/CD workflow. I'm writing this email to briefly introduce the goal of this project and the current progress. If you have any insight/interest in what I will do, please do not hesitate to contact me.

To start with, this project aims at expanding the scope of DolphinScheduler. We can use customizable DAG workflow templates to visualize the CI/CD processes. Normally, it is harder for people that have less experience using Travis/GitHub Actions to create yaml files. With the help of DS workflow, they would be able to create one easily.

A basic CI/CD workflow contains 4 different stages: checkout, build, test, deploy. We don't auto-transform existing yaml files into workflows, instead, we manually assign Jobs under those stages to continuous nodes in the workflow. The workflow is then visualized through DAG and is a replacement for yaml file.

I have established a workflow that can successfully execute for spring-boot-vuejs. Please follow the link to see detailed information.

Best,

Zhen

您好,我是本次暑期项目【210290129 - CI/CD工作流】的负责学生孟桢。在这封邮件里,我会简单的介绍一下这个项目的目标和现阶段进展。如果您对这个项目有任何想法和兴趣,请联系我,十分感谢。

这个项目致力于拓展ds的应用范畴,并不包含新的开发。我们可以通过DAG图来可视化自定义的CI/CD工作流。通常来说,如果没有足够Travis/GitHub Actions相关经验的话,较难写一个yaml文件。在ds工作流的帮助下,这会变得简单起来。

本项目要实现的基础CI/CD流程分为四个阶段:代码获取–构建–测试–部署. 项目中不会涉及对项目本身yaml文件的自动转化,而是人工将文件中各个任务分配到不同节点,通过DAG可视化,以代替yaml文件。

现在我已经为spring-boot-vuejs建立了一个可运行的工作流,详情请见链接。

孟桢