Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lutaya Shafiq Holmes <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/10 17:43:39 UTC

Could not connect to localhost:9160 when installing Cassandra on AWS

Hello Cassandra Gurus,

After I installed Cassandra on AWS- This error comes up when I try to
Start CQLSH

Could not connect to localhost:9160

What should I do ?

--
Lutaaya Shafiq
Web: www.ronzag.com | info@ronzag.com

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat,
known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of
the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an
understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a
deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." - *Elisabeth
Kubler-Ross*

Re: Could not connect to localhost:9160 when installing Cassandra on AWS

Posted by Jon Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
How did you install Cassandra?

Try passing the machine’s IP address to cqlsh, like “cqlsh 192.168.1.1"

Posted by Oleksandr Shulgin <ol...@zalando.de>.
On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Lutaya Shafiq Holmes <
lutayashafiq@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Cassandra Gurus,
>
> After I installed Cassandra on AWS- This error comes up when I try to
> Start CQLSH
>
> Could not connect to localhost:9160

Wait, does it try to talk Thrift or what?  I thought cqlsh was using native
transport only, which is port 9042 by default.

Which version of Cassandra and cqlsh exactly are those?  Installed from
source or packages?  Which operating system (and version)?

--
Alex