Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2014/03/18 18:44:28 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.3.1 based on RC1

Hi all,

this vote passes with the following binding votes:

Luc Maisonobe: -0
Gary Gregory: +1
Benedikt Ritter: +1
Matt Benson: +1

Luc discovered a failing test with an older JDK 6 (u30). This problem is
not reproducible with the latest JDK 6 release (u65) or JDK7/JDK8 EA. So I
do not consider this problem to be a release blocker.

Gary noticed that mvn javadoc:javadoc doesn't work with the latest JDK 8 EA
build. This is related to the changes which where made to the JavaDoc tool.
The JavaDoc tool now is a lot more strict when it comes to correct HTML.
Details can be found at [1]. I'm planning to work on this for the next
release.

I'll promote the artifacts and send the announce after the mirrors have
synched.

Thanks to all who reviewed this RC.
Benedikt

[1] http://blog.joda.org/2014/02/turning-off-doclint-in-jdk-8-javadoc.html