Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Rene Scholz <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de> on 2017/12/30 19:35:41 UTC

Flash using: actual news

Hello,

a few minutes ago I got a message that the Windows 10-Browser "Edge"
will block Flash.

https://www.turn-on.de/tech/news/microsoft-edge-wird-flash-bald-standardmaessig-unterdruecken-174889?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=rss_tech_desktop&utm_term=CHIP+News&utm_content=Microsoft+Edge+wird+Flash+bald+standardm%C3%A4%C3%9Fig+unterdr%C3%BCcken

Or another news-sample with the hint to eliminate flash immediately:
http://www.chip.de/news/Adobe-verabschiedet-sich-vom-Flash-Player-Das-Ende-kommt-aber-nicht-sofort_119426888.html
(The site "Chip.de" is one of the frequentiest sites for IT-News "for
everybody".)

I am frightened that we can not the user dictate which Browser he/she
have to use.

What is your opinion about the using of flash in OM? How long it will be
possible?
(I know that Maxim said a few weeks ago that it is in progress.)

BTW: In one of the news I read that Apple eliminated Flash year(s) ago.
Have anyobody tested OM with a Mac? (I dont have a mac myself.)

With best regards,

Rene

Re: Flash using: actual news

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rene,

AFAIK Flash is already blocked by all major browsers (you have to click on
Flash area and explicitly "allow" use of Flash)
Unfortunately I haven't started work of WebRTC yet.
I'm working on improving current room

Hopefully will be able to find more free time during holidays

Happy NY :)))

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax