Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Baker <pb...@mindspring.com> on 2007/06/28 13:57:56 UTC

RE: [trinidad] Beginner Skinner Questions

Dear user list,

I've been struggling with trinidad skinning.  Below is a snap of a page that
was rendered via JSF and Trinidad.  I started to create my own "skin"
(eLoadMaster.css) but there is obviously some default mechanism that I am
not aware of and I would like to change the way that the default works.

My specific questions are:

What is causing the green line (border) to be rendered in my page following
the bar naviationPane.

How do I get rid of that?

How do I change it?

I've attached the source and the *.css file.  I'm reading what I can on the
skinning features.  I have almost no styles defined though (is that the
problem :-) ).

My general question is:

Where can I find skinning documentation and examples that will help me with
questions like above.

So far I have found/read the following:

1.      the skin-selectors.xml that contains some of the styles/classes.

2.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/adf/adffaces/11/doc/skin-selectors
.html

3.      G:\j2ee\Oracle\adf\adf-faces-10_1_3_0_4\docs\skin-selectors.html

4.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchan
ge/jsf/doc/skin-selectors.html

5.      http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_Skinning_FAQ

There is obviously something that I don't get. Will someone please point me
in the right direction?

Thank in advance.

--PB (ATL)

  _____

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.
Every skin extends the simple skin. In the source code, this is the
base-desktop.xss and the simple-desktop.xss files. You can look at these
to see what the defaults are, what aliases are used, etc.
Or you can set your skin-family to simple, and run a page, and look at
the generated css to see what is set by default. Then you can override
those css properties in your skin or you can inhibit them with -tr-inhibit.

You can look at the demo bundle, and the purple skin, for examples of
the syntax you are supposed to use.

disabling content compression in web.xml like Simon suggested is a good
way to debug since it shows the uncompressed style names.

And Firebug is really a cool tool. You can inspect an element, and then
it shows the css that is applied to it in a pane to the right. It will
also show you all the inherited css properties (like those that you
might get from body, for example).

- Jeanne

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I'm sure navigationPane skinning is not perfect yet, but it's not as bad as
a "navigationPain" yet :)

^_^

~ Simon

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abhijit Ghosh <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhijit Ghosh <ab...@gmail.com>.
Paul,
Also if you absolutely have to use IE to test,this might help:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

-- Abhi

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,