Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/14 20:44:27 UTC

Java -> AS3 Code generation tools

I am trying to figure out if there are tools to auto-generate AS3 objects
based on POJOs?  I have evaluated the GraniteDS - Gas3 tool.  It seems to
work but we are having issues with their license.  Are there any
alternatives for this?

In particular, does BlazeDS have this support?  The docs are not very
clear.

Is LCDS an option?

Thanks,
Om

Re: Java -> AS3 Code generation tools

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Franck, Chris,

Thanks for your responses.  The licensing is a clearer to me now.  I will
use this information to try and push the licensing clearing process in my
company.

Gas3 is working great btw!

Regards,
Om

Posted by Franck Wolff <fr...@graniteds.org>.

AW: Java -> AS3 Code generation tools

Posted by Dahn Maier <da...@maierinc.com>.
If I may give my 2c - I've been working with Granite DS for over two years
now. I really believe there is nothing else that comes close to it out
there. Not only the code generation tool works really well but they have a
ton of other features that make your life worth living (ie guaranteed
object uniqueness in context, global context, sub contexts for data
isolation, maps that you can send back and forth to the server, an
excellent event mechanism (almost no plumbing code at all - only one
annotation to register a listener - compare that to Caingorm...), client
side injection, data push, reverse lazy loading (besides the direct king)
etc etc etc).

Not affiliated with them - just a really great tool.

Dahn

--
Dahn Maier
Maier Inc.

------------------------------
This transmission is intended solely for the person or organization to whom
it is addressed and it may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. If you believe you received this
transmission in error please notify the sender.

Re: Java -> AS3 Code generation tools

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Benjamin,

This tool: http://www.cleartoolkit.com/dokuwiki/doku.php looks very
promising.  I will play around with it and see how it works.

Thanks a lot!

Om

Posted by Benjamin Durin <be...@toro-asia.com>.