Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/20 22:48:06 UTC

Re: svn commit: r577576 - /wicket/trunk/README

I appreciate the effort but we are very much better off if we could
include the generated dependencies reports of maven. This readme
document will get stale and out of date. And when building a release
you really don't have the time to parse and verify the readme document
for libraries.

maven does have a couple of interesting reports, and the dependency
report is one of them. It is a shame we can't get maven to do a good
multi-module website that retains intersite links.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/

Re: svn commit: r577576 - /wicket/trunk/README

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I appreciate the effort but we are very much better off if we could
> include the generated dependencies reports of maven. This readme
> document will get stale and out of date. And when building a release
> you really don't have the time to parse and verify the readme document
> for libraries.

On the really long term maybe. For now I solved an immediate problem.

> maven does have a couple of interesting reports, and the dependency
> report is one of them. It is a shame we can't get maven to do a good
> multi-module website that retains intersite links.

Go for it. I didn't want to spend too much time on it annoyed as I was
with that maven thing coming up again.

Also note that stating those dependencies is only half of it. The
other part is a short project description. Which could be pulled from
maven too I guess, but it's probably the difference between spending
hours of getting those reports right and a quick fix (one hour) that I
commited here.

Eelco

Re: svn commit: r577576 - /wicket/trunk/README

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> maven does have a couple of interesting reports, and the dependency
> report is one of them. It is a shame we can't get maven to do a good
> multi-module website that retains intersite links.

did you take a look/try on WICKET-952?

  Gerolf

Martijn