Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Oatham <Ma...@AssetHouse.com> on 2002/06/14 13:37:22 UTC

testing tomcat

Hi,

I have tomcat up and running on Solaris. The only access I have to this
machine is via Telnet. Is there any tools I can install on Solaris to test
that Tomcat is running and able to server pages. I know I could use a
browser and hit the URL but the machine is behind a NAT box so before I
blame the IP address mapping I want to be sure that Tomcat is up and running
on the IP address I told it to start on>

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks.

Re: testing tomcat

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Is lynx installed on the Solaris box? Use that to test the site -
assuming your site works with a text browser.

Or if you want to have lots of fun, the firewalls allow it, your machine
is addressable, and Netscape  is installed on the Solaris box - launch
Netscape (or similar) on the Solaris box and have the DISPLAY sent to
your Unix workstation (assuming you are using a Unix/Linux workstation)

Odds are - your stuck with choice 1.

-Tim

RE: testing tomcat

Posted by Jean Christophe Rousseau <jc...@auchaninteractive.com>.
When you're logged on your solaris system
try :

"telnet 127.0.0.1 port"
then hit "return" key
"GET / HTTP/1.0"
then hit twice "return" key

port should be 8080 if you did not change it.

you should get the default tomcat web page if it's up and running.

Christophe