Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2001/10/18 04:19:05 UTC

WebApp Module daily snapshots available...

In theory (if everything goes right as expected and I didn't screw up with
my SH scripts), daily snapshots of the WebApp module are available on my
home on Nagoya:

  <http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/>

(Documentation and API docs are updated to the daily content of CVS, and APR
is checked out from the repo at the same time, so it's all against HEAD).

Once I see that those are generated right, and I don't clog the world with
some leftover from the build, I'll move the whole thing over to daedalus.

    Pier

Re: WebApp Module daily snapshots available...

Posted by Kazuhiro Kazama <ka...@ingrid.org>.
Pier,

From: Kazuhiro Kazama <ka...@ingrid.org>
Subject: Re: WebApp Module daily snapshots available...
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:37:11 +0900 (JST)
> And its behavior is very unstable. For example, I can sometimes access
> Tomcat examples or get error "Web-application not yet deployed".
>
> I watch its deployment state by using /webapp-info. So it changes
> between true and false frequently. I guess this may be a
> synchronization problem because I use a SMP machine.

I found that this bug depends on an apache web server.

For example, I can't connect to Tomcat 4 well when I use an apache web
server 1.3.22. But I can connect to Tomcat 4 and use it well when I
use an apache web server 1.3.19

Perhaps there may be a specification change or a bug implication
between 1.3.19 and 1.3.22.

Would you conform this compatibility issue? And it may be better to
add a note to your documentation because I waste time on this issue;-(

Kazuhiro Kazama (kazama@ingrid.org)	NTT Network Innovation Laboratories

Re: WebApp Module daily snapshots available...

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On Thursday, October 18, 2001, at 10:37  am, Kazuhiro Kazama wrote:

> Pier,
>
> From: Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>
> Subject: WebApp Module daily snapshots available...
> Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:19:05 +0100
>> In theory (if everything goes right as expected and I didn't
>> screw up with
>> my SH scripts), daily snapshots of the WebApp module are
>> available on my
>> home on Nagoya:
>
> I try to compile your latest snapshot with gcc 2.95.3 on Solaris x86
> 2.8 but it needs to link with additional libraries, libpthread.so and
> libgcc.a.
>
> And its behavior is very unstable. For example, I can sometimes access
> Tomcat examples or get error "Web-application not yet deployed".
>
> I watch its deployment state by using /webapp-info. So it changes
> between true and false frequently. I guess this may be a
> synchronization problem because I use a SMP machine.

Seems that one of the Apache processes was not able to deploy the
application. Logs, please...

Posted by Kazuhiro Kazama <ka...@ingrid.org>.
Pier,

From: Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>