Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by gu...@wipro.com on 2006/04/28 12:25:54 UTC

XPath question

Hi,

I have a question to ask since I am facing the performance issue. I used
the SimpleXPathAPI program to retrieve the Xpath expressions. But in my
solution, I have to retrieve the values for many xpath expressions in a
given XML. Whenever I call the SimpleXPathAPI, the following steps will
get executed again and again even though the XML is same. I tried to
move to a different function and tried using variables like theDocument
and theLiason. But, it didn't work. Can any one help me?

Is there any way, I can run the below instructions only once but get the
values for different XPath expressions. Any help is appreciated.

                XalanSourceTreeInit             theSourceTreeInit;

                                // We'll use these to parse the XML
file.
                                XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport
theDOMSupport;
                                XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison
theLiaison(theDOMSupport);

                                // Hook the two together...

theDOMSupport.setParserLiaison(&theLiaison);

                                const XalanDOMString
theFileName(argv[1]);

                                // Create an input source that
represents a local file...
                                const LocalFileInputSource
theInputSource(theFileName.c_str());

                                // Parse the document...
                                XalanDocument* const    theDocument =

theLiaison.parseXMLStream(theInputSource);
                                assert(theDocument != 0);

                                XalanDocumentPrefixResolver
thePrefixResolver(theDocument);

Thanks,