Posted to user@ant.apache.org by markus innerebner <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2006/01/21 05:37:44 UTC

java.io.IOException calling java task

Hello @ all

When executing the java ant target or my written ant task with a long
classpath I receive a java.io.IOException. This exception only appears
when I am invoking such task in fork mode true. Without forking I don't
have this problem.
I tried also to set a relative path, but ant set then always it absolut.
Are the some solutions?
I also heard about to create a manifest file, which contains the
classpath. But this is not so easily appliable for my written ant task,
because this task checks if the arguments are set and depending on that,
there will be passed the arguments to the main method of another class.

Any hints or solutions?

best regards

Markus

Re: java.io.IOException calling java task

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
markus innerebner wrote:
> Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>
>> Hello Markus,
>>
>> when you fork a java command, you are then subject to limits set by your
>> operating system to length of commands.
>>
>> on Windows, it is 4096 bytes.
>>

> Hello Antoine
>
> And this value cannot be changed by hand??

not unless your hands have access to the winnt source files, and the
rights to redist your rebuilt version :(

Re: java.io.IOException calling java task

Posted by markus innerebner <ma...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Markus,

when you fork a java command, you are then subject to limits set by your
operating system to length of commands.

on Windows, it is 4096 bytes.

Antoine