Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ajit Joglekar <av...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/19 07:57:12 UTC

Best practices

What issues are there if i give access to all the jsp pages in an
application only through the action servlet? Is this a good practise to
follow?

Is there any collection of struts best practices somewhere?

TIA.

Ajit

Re: Best practices

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Ajit Joglekar wrote:
> What issues are there if i give access to all the jsp pages in an
> application only through the action servlet? Is this a good practise to
> follow?

It's situational. Some people want their application to have that level
of control. Other people want people to be able to jump in and out and
be able to bookmark pages.

A good way to keep users out of flow-control sensitive pages is to store
them under WEB-INF. A browser can't access these directly, but your
application can.

> Is there any collection of struts best practices somewhere?

It may be a little early for that. As the source to more Struts
applications become available, perhaps we will be able to develop some.
Feel free to start a page of your own!

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/