Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by cbridges156 <cb...@yahoo.com> on 2015/04/27 17:43:07 UTC

Need Help Deploying Simple WS WebApp into ServiceMix

So, I'm trying to deploy a simple Web Service webapp into ServiceMix.

SMX version: 5.4.0, Java version: 1.7.0_75

The code is located at: https://github.com/yngwietiger/HelloWebService.git

My app contains 2 servlets: HelloWebService (exposes a simple web service)
and MyServlet (very basic servlet)

I do a mvn clean install to build the war/bundle.

If I run mvn tomcat:run, it works fine, I can hit both servlets.

e.g. http://localhost:8080/HelloWebService/myservlet

and

http://localhost:8080/HelloWebService/helloWebService?wsdl

I've had various issues, and now I'm getting:

2015-04-27 10:14:11,155 | ERROR | pool-7-thread-1  | WebAppPublisher
| ?                                   ? | 201 -
org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-extender-war - 3.1.2 | Error deploying web
application
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletException: WSSERVLET11:
failed to parse runtime descriptor: java.lang.LinkageError: loader
constraint violation: when resolving field "DATETIME" the class loader
(instance of
org/apache/felix/framework/BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoaderJava5) of the
referring class, javax/xml/datatype/DatatypeConstants, and the class loader
(instance of <bootloader>) for the field's resolved type,
pe/DatatypeConstants, have different Class objects for that type
    at
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener.parseAdaptersAndCreateDelegate(WSServletContextListener.java:141)[269:HelloWebService:0.0.0]
    at
com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener.contextInitialized(WSServletContextListener.java:152)[269:HelloWebService:0.0.0]

The full question is here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29898644/need-help-deploying-simple-ws-webapp-into-servicemix/29899704#29899704

According to one reply, plain JAXWS doesn't play too nicely with SMX, and I
should try to deploy as a CXF web service. Just wanted to get further
opinions from you guys.

Thanks for any help.