Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2012/01/31 18:26:09 UTC

Re: [OT] tools-2.1-dev and engine-2.x

Nathan,

On 4/13/11 12:03 PM, Nathan Bubna wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net> wrote:
>> On 2011-04-13 11:57, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Claude
>>>
>>> 2011/4/13 Claude Brisson<cl...@renegat.net>
>>
>> Then I'd vote for the first solution: have tools-2.1 require engine-2.x once
>> it's released. After all, we can backport important changes to tools-2.0.x.
>
> I agree.  At this point, tools is evolving slowly, and what time i do
> have to develop velocity will be largely spent on engine 2.  I think
> it is fine to release fixes to Tools in the 2.0.x branch and have 2.1
> be where we drop support for both Tools 1 config and Engine 1.

Can you confirm that your expectation is that Tools 2.0.x will have at
least one more release? I was getting ready to make a few changes and I
want to make sure that I commit to the right place. If 2.0.x is
essentially dead, then I'll only commit to trunk and leave 2.0.x alone.

Thanks,
-chris

Re: [OT] tools-2.1-dev and engine-2.x

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
I have no active plans to release 2.0.x.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Nathan,

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Do you want a new 2.0 release?  I can't recall offhand if there is/was
a particular need or demand for one.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Christopher Schultz