Posted to users@directory.apache.org by George Stoianov <gs...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/31 15:22:19 UTC

LDAP Studio - alternative java path

Hello,

I have a friend who needs to provide an alternative path for the VM as
he has more then one and the default one is pointing to a 1.4 for some
Oracle stuff. Is there a config I can use to do that??

I am getting more and more people to use LDAP Studio at work and it rocks.
TIA
George

Re: LDAP Studio - alternative java path

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,

just launch Studio with the following parameter :
./ApacheDirectoryStudio -vm <path to your java program>

For instance, on my linux box :
./ApacheDirectoryStudio -vm /opt/kdk1.6.0_02/bin/java launch the
Studio with the jdk 6
./ApacheDirectoryStudio -vm /opt/kdk1.5.0_12/bin/java launch the
Studio with the jdk 5

Note : LdapStudio is renamed to Apache Directory Studio.

Emmanuel

On 8/31/07, George Stoianov <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a friend who needs to provide an alternative path for the VM as
> he has more then one and the default one is pointing to a 1.4 for some
> Oracle stuff. Is there a config I can use to do that??
>
> I am getting more and more people to use LDAP Studio at work and it rocks.
> TIA
> George

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny