Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rory Winston <rw...@eircom.net> on 2006/12/20 14:03:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons-Net 2.0?

Hi guys

I know I have gone through the voting process a while back, but there have been many more changed added in to the 2.0 branch of [net] since then. I also remembered that the concept of a JDK 5.0+ only release got a somewhat lukewarm reception at the time, but sparked a lot of constructive dialogue on the topic. So....if I leave this vote thread open for 24 hours or so, I can attempt to release at the end of the week if it passes.

The changes are here:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/site/changes-report.html#2.0

Artefacts are available here:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/

So please, give it your relevant +1, +0, -0, -1.

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons-Net 2.0?

Posted by Rory Winston <rw...@eircom.net>.
Niall

Thanks a lot for this very helpful and comprehensive list. I was
actually going to leave most of the release admin stuff until after the
vote, but that does not seem like a good idea now :-). A couple of
things had passed me by, the license changes being one. I'll get
cracking on this and update the RC asap.

Thanks again
Rory

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rory,