Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/20 19:01:53 UTC

Testing RC2

Howdy,

Just read Juergen's note about an RC3 and that not withstanding really am
happy to pass back my report here.

After installing RC2 and throwing everything I'd done recently at it I can
very happily report - zero crashes, zero hangs, no funny control behavior
(even when I drop the OS memory down to stated minimum) - I went ahead an
ran some cursory and a bit more jobs with Base against HSQLdb internal and
external, MDB and ACCDB and MySQL data sources, without any significant
problems.

Also opened up the ODFAuthors chapter on Base and made a good number of
edits, early on, minimized it but never saved it.

Finally after 27 hours  up time (I crashed and got some sleep) for the AOO
session I forced the VM to crash - on re-launch the AOO application
reported that my user configuration appeared to be locked, with the warning
about multiple users, and then started up just fine with no loss of my
configuration data. The changes to the odt file, the Base Getting Started
Guide, also all came back.

To all involved - Thanks very much for your hard work

//drew

Re: Testing RC2

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks - I see I phrased my earlier email badly and just to be clear, I did
no bang on the app for 27 hours, that included my sleep time, but I did run
the session that long and perhaps 9+ hours actual keyboard time.

//drew

Re: Testing RC2

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.
     Hi Drew,