Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Hynek Noll <no...@fel.cvut.cz> on 2019/10/26 16:09:46 UTC

Build error: package does not exist

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to start the development in Flink and have followed the
instructions on the web to start an IntelliJ project.
I have cloned the latest Flink repo and upon Build, it gives me:

*Error:(21, 40) java: package org.apache.flink.sql.parser.impl does not
exist*

I've set up the project to use JDK 8 and later tried switching to Maven
3.1.1 (from the default 3.6.2), but no success.

This package seems to be missing on GitHub:
https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/master/flink-table/flink-sql-parser/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/sql/parser

Although a JavaDoc of it exists:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/api/java/org/apache/flink/sql/parser/impl/package-summary.html

Am I missing something?

Best regards,
Hynek

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Build error: package does not exist

Posted by Pritam Sadhukhan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hynek,

I used `mvn clean install -DskipTests -Drat.skip=true` on the root
directory.
I have build release 1.9 branch and took me around 1hr 23 minutes to
complete with no errors.

Regards,
Pritam.

Posted by Hynek Noll <no...@fel.cvut.cz>.