Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/23 10:46:07 UTC

Is it possible to reorg the package names in openwebbeans modules ?

Hi dev,

I found that the packages naming in openwebbeans projects are not following
a uniform convention.  Some packages with same name are coexisting in multi
project.

For example:
package :  *org.apache.webbeans.spi*  in both openwebbeans-impl
and openwebbeans-spi modules.
package : *org.apache.webbeans.util* in both openwebbeans-impl
and openwebbeans-jsf modules.

Which makes it really hard to run those modules in OSGI environment because
when the modules become bundles.   The same package can only be wired for
one time in OSGI.   That means if the modules have same package name.   Only
classes in one of them can be loaded in OSGI env.

Besides, I think a clear package naming in sub module will make the code
more readable.  Openwebbeans-ee is a good example.  all the classes in this
module are under package: *org.apache.webbeans.ee*

BTW, I'm still wondering openwebbeans can release the modules as bundles.
 Currently, to integrate opwnwebbeans to Geronimo.  I have to create the
wrapper bundles here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/framework/bundles/openwebbeans-impl/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/framework/bundles/openwebbeans-spi/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/framework/bundles/openwebbeans-web/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/framework/bundles/openwebbeans-jsf/

--
Shawn

Re: Is it possible to reorg the package names in openwebbeans modules ?

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
>>>I found that the packages naming in openwebbeans projects are not
following

>>>a uniform convention.  Some packages with same name are
coexisting in multi
>>>project.
Done.

>>>BTW, I'm still wondering openwebbeans can release the modules as
bundles.
>>>Currently, to integrate opwnwebbeans to Geronimo.
Done.

Thanks;

--Gurkan